Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Surprise Changes!

Hey!!! 

We had surprise changes!!!

I'm out of Chihuahua!!! (I've had 15-16 months total in Chihuahua City) and now I'm in Delicias!!!  And I'm finishing the training of a missionary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (needless to say I'm super stoked!!!!!!!!!!!!)

His name is Elder Thomas, and he actually lived with Elder Gonzalez and me for a week, while his other dad (trainer), Elder Ramirez, showed us around my last area!  So I already know the kid pretty well!!!!  We'll have plenty of pics for you guys next week :D

But yea, Elder Gonzalez and I had a good week! It was super cool, and the best part without a doubt was watching General Conference!  It was a super cool experience.. and such a nice way to watch the last confrence of my mission. I can't believe that it's the last one... but I loved every minute of it. It was awesome! Following is a link for anyone who'd like to check out General Conference online.


So, a little back story to how changes happened this week... Last week we had interviews with Presidente Montoya and he asked me how I feel and if there was anything I'd like to be doing.  I told him that I really wanted to train... And he followed up with the phone call Sunday telling me that I have changes!! I'm excited :D

Honestly I don't remember anything that happened this week, I'm still in the rush of changes... but I have pictures :D And that was the deal right? If I dont have words, pics will do! Haha!!

I love you guys!!!!!
- Nicki

With his new companion Elder Thomas

Note from Mom:  Nick became a District Leader right out of his own training, and has now been a Zone Leader for over a year (longer then anyone else currently in the mission).  When sharing the news with his Father, Nick referenced Ayrton Senna, Formula One World Champion race car driver who was quoted saying of all racing, his favorite was competing in gokart racing because it was absent of pressure and politics, "It was pure driving, real racing. And that...that makes me happy" about his kart time.  Nick shared giving up titles and leadership to train was that way for him, allowing him to focus on the 'pure love of missionary work'.

On another note, one of the families that Nick loves so much in Chihuahua was visiting family in the States and attending General Conference in Utah.  Nick gave them Lauren's number, and they were able to connect!  Lauren loved meeting them and hearing all the nice things they shared about her brother, she fell in love with their kids and gave them a package to deliver to Nick when they return!  Such a treat and made it feel like Nick wasn't quite so far away!!




No comments:

Post a Comment