Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Already Seeing Blessing in Delicias!

Well, it's been a great week here in Delicias! 

My comp, like I said before, is Elder Thomas and he's super cool. We get along super good, he's super easy, and he's already a great missionary with even greater potential. We're working really hard here, and we're seeing a lot of fruits of that labor :D 


We only have a week together, but we've seen a lot of blessings. We've managed to be in the right place at the right time a lot, and that's a huge blessing, because out here on bikes, we have to travel like 30 minutes on bicycle just to get to the church... or to the DLs house for a meeting, and then we have to cycle a half hour back to our area. So, daily, we ride a lot! And our whole area is like that... a bunch of pueblos (neighborhoods) miles apart, so we have to ride the bikes to get to each part of the area. I've never ridden so much!! I have a new respect for Lauren's bike ride to San Diego!!! This week we'll definitely get some sweet pics so there's proof!  Ha! :D

Really, I'm just enjoying the mission life out here! We're working really hard, and we're enjoying every minute of it!  And we're talking with some really cool people, so hopefully we'll be able to see some of them get closer to our Heavenly Father :D

Something cool that I found this week was a quote by Henry Thoreau I think... he states  'It is not enough to be busy, So are the ants. The question is: What are we busy about?' 

And it made me reflect a bit!  And I realized that I don't think I'd rather be busy about any other thing than what I'm doing right now, where I am right now :) I'm really enjoying the life here. It seems like everything I learned in the last year as a leader is finally getting put into play in every single aspect of the work. It's super cool :)

I love you guys so much!!!!!

"Don't let a day go by without acting on the promptings on the spirit."  - Dieter F. Uchtdorf.
We need to have spiritual moments every day! :)

Love you all!!!
Nicki

We killed a mouse, but put a sticker on it to save sensative audiences :)

No comments:

Post a Comment