Monday, April 30, 2018

Every Time I Turn Around It's 'For The Last Time'!!

Hey fam!!!! 

IN TWO WEEKS WERE GONNA SKYPE-FOR-THE-LAST-TIME-UNTIL-I'M-HOME.

That kinda blows my mind!!!! We're pretty much already in the month of May!!! I'm almost twenty!!! And I almost have like 20 months in the mission!!! After the video call I'll only have 4 months left here in Chihuahua!!! It blows my mind and I'm just trying to make the most of the time that I have left here... I can't believe that I'm the 'old missionary'... so not ready for that!!!

But yea, it's happening!!

But okay, this week went by SOOO fast I can't believe it! But I think still remember everything that has happened.. mas o mens (more or less). It's been another crazy week. The time passes so fast now.. 

This week we had Zone Conference!!! And Hermana Montoya told me that it was weird to see me in a Zone Conference outside of Chihuahua city! hahahah And well, she's right... seeing that I've spent so much time in the city, it kinda feels like home to me! I really kinda miss being there! 

But, I'm also in love with Delicias, to be completely honest! It's HOT here but it's really enjoyable!! The bikes are good, the members are great, and we're visiting some really great familias! There are a lot of people that really want to get closer to God here, including other missionaries.

On a side note, Something interesting about being back in the field as a 'normal' missionary now is that it seems as though the other missionaries are more comfortable and don't get as nervous in front of me like they used to when I was a Zone Leader... like if we were doing practices or something like that... Now missionaries seek me out, they approach me to ask for ideas, how to teach, practice ideas, or bring me doubts that they have about their own teaching abilities and all that, and the super cool thing is, because they are more comfortable and open, they are applying the coaching and seeing results. Each missionary has like their own trait or strength, right? Like one Elder might be really obedient, and another Elder is really good at contacting and what not... Well, my trait (according to what the missionaries tell me) is that I teach well. So it's been cool having other missionaries come to me and say, hey, I need to improve my teaching, can you help me?

It's kind of special to me because when I was Zone Leader, it was my responsibility to coach them and I'd have to tell em, Okay, we're gonna practice teaching, and were gonna see what we can improve, but they wouldn't open up a lot. But now, it's been really cool :) and I've felt really useful, because the misioneros seem really grateful for the tips that they receive... I don't know, it makes me feel like I'm contributing something significant, genuinely, a heck of a lot more significant then when I had the title!!

But anyway, what else happened this week... We had a crazy night last night because a missionary in the Zone had changes... but that's a story for later :D Nothing bad happened, but it was a little NUTS.

I know a lot more happened, but I'm kinda blanking! Mmmm Well, I'm good, I'm happy, really happy, and I'm super excited to see you guys again!!!! I can't believe it's that time again... But everything's fantastic here :) Don't worry about a thing!

I'm looking forward to the Bday box Mom! Hahaha, I think it'll be the last box that I'll be needing here in the mission!!! I think we can officially be good after this one! Which also feels crazy to say! 

But yea, I hope you guys are well! I hope everyone's well and good! I love you guys a bunch, I pray for you and feel your prayers. Thank you for everything you do!!!! 

Till next week!
Nicki





No comments:

Post a Comment