Monday, April 30, 2018

Stuff Like This Just Makes Me Feel Good!!

Woah, Okay, another week down!

And hey guess who my Zone Leader is now!!! IT'S TEMPLETON!!! That's only super cool! Hahahaha! It's always great when I get to see him regularly. Crazy to think that we only have 5 months left... I remember this time last year I was with el Elder Marx in Girasoles!!! That's so weird to me! I'm getting old and I don't like it! I still have a bunch of time here, I know, but everytime that someone asks me how much time I have left and they hear '5 months' they say 'WOW you're pretty much going home!!' and I'm just like wait, what, no hold up!

But yea, time is starting to FLY BY!!!!!!!

And I love being here with Elder Thomas!! He's a great guy, and he's a great missionary. He's still learning Spanish, but we've started reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish together and the progress he's made in just a few days in INCREDIBLE. Like just in the two days that we've studied it, his Spanish got crazyyyyyy good. We're gonna keep doing it and keep seeing the miracle in motion! :D 

And something really cool happened this week, and it's something that always makes me feel really good :) We were waiting for the bus, and the bench was loaded. We were standing and an older guy just started talking to us and said that he's Catholic and wasn't interested in our message, but he started saying that he appreciated what we do, and said that they city really likes having us around, because we act as role models for the younger kids. And he asked the other people on the bench like 'you guys agree right?' and everyone started saying really good things about the missionaries. It made me feel good :) it was a sweet moment, and then we saw another example of that when we went to teach a family! As we were leaving, the two little kids told us that when they get older, they're gonna be like us, and visit people to talk about God and being happy :) It was a really special moment for me :) It was so cute, and really got to my heart :)

Also we got lost this week, kinda, Hahaha Actually, we were in a part of the area that's kinda far and haven't really gone there. So we went!  And we were trying to find someone that wanted to listen to us. So, we prayed for guidance, and so we just went the direction we felt. We went right, left, straight, and wherever else we felt and we made it to a home. The FIRST house we knocked on, out came a woman and she said that she had seen missionaries like us in Meoqui (another town that's kinda far) and that she was so happy that God had sent us to her door! THAT WAS COOL!

And I read something this week in a lil book that Elder Thomas has. It had a quote that said 'what you are is Gods gift to you. What you do with yourself is your gift to God.' 

It's kinda cool, and made me think, what am I gonna do with my life to be a gift to God?

And ill leave it at that :) I love you guys, I hope you have a great week!!! We'll see eachother in just a couple weeks!!!!!!!! 

Love you guys!! Hasta pronto!!
Nicki


No comments:

Post a Comment