Thursday, March 29, 2018

Little-Big Things Happen Literally Every Day!

Yo Fam, this week was a good one! :D

That's awesome that you got my box!!!! That makes me way happy :DDD  Hahahaha I saw the shirts and I just thought 'what would look cool with some white converse?' hahahaha and sorry I totally forgot that I wrote it all in Spanish Hahahaha (I kinda forgot that not everyone speaks Spanish, I'm sorry ;)!!!!) Just wait a lil bit and you'll get a full translation :D It'll be worth the wait, I put my soul into it ;D Hahaha

Okay where to start... Well I forgot my agenda, and that's where I write everything cool down from the week, soon I'm just left with my brain, nothing more... soooo we'll see what happens :P

Okay, first off I was thinking a lot this week about how God changes our plans, a lot!!!!!! Like a lot a lot. Here in the mission we do planning in the morning, but sometimes everything changes and we just have a great day anyway, thanks to God's planning. Let me give an example.

We went to eat with a family this week, and they offered us a ride after the meal, (because our area is HUGE) and we had an appointment and everything to go to, but I felt 'let's go to the chapel' so I asked my comp, lets go to church, and he said uhh okay lets go! and we told the brother. He dropped us off, and literally, he drove away, we turned to open the gate, and someone shouted 'ELDERES!!!' 

Turns out that it was a girl who recently got baptized, and she knew my comp!!! So that was nuts, and she asked us, 'what missionaries are the ones in charge of the area 'la cantera'' ? (it's a part of our area)  And we said we do! and she was super happy, because her niece lives there and she wants to listen to the missionaries!!!!! She said she was trying to find missionaries to talk to for like a week and she finally found us 2.

So, we talked with her a little more, and then she left, and my comp and I were left like 'oh, well, that's why we had to come to the church :D

I swear the mission is so full of experiences like that its nuts. Little-big things like that happen literally everyday. They're little reminders to me that I'm doing okay out here :)

But yea, that happened :D 

This week I heard a great analogy, from an arquitecto. Here they build houses with concrete, but they always put rebar in the frame of the houses too. He said they do that to give the house flexibilty.  He told us that concrete can only sustain .01% of bend before it breaks, but with the rebar it endures a lot more! the house is strong, lasts, and can deal with what gets thrown at it because of the rebar. He said we need to be like that. We cant be like just plain concrete, because when life throws something our way, we'll be too rigid and just break. We need to be able to go with the flow just a little bit, but never compromising who we are our what we stand for. I hope that made sense because when he told us that I was likie 'Woah... life changing.' La neta :D

But yea, this week was super good :) Good week, good times here in the mission field :)  I'm loving it here :)

I hope you guys are well, remember that God loves you! He lives and we matter to Him :) if you want to know just about any other truth of the gospel, thats kinda it's root (doctorine of Elder Fardos) 

till next time :D
Nicki
I had a bolero made :D It says Elder Fardos on one side and 'el pibe' (the kid) on the other... it's super cool :DDD  #recuerdos

No comments:

Post a Comment