Monday, March 19, 2018

"I'm Not Wearing Socks"

Hey guys!!

Okay Mom I totally got the box and it's only one of the best packages I've gotten in the mission!!  And I don't know if I told you that I love Elder Uchtdorf`s talks or what, but you nailed it!!! (Nick's Easter package arrived with basket goodies for he and his companion, new ties for Easter Sunday for both, Girl Scout cookies to share, and a pile of recommended reads from General Conferences over the last 20+ years, and we knew Uchtdorf was his favorite! ;) Haha!!)  I've read SO MANY of them already. I've learned an INCREDIBLE amount putting the talks of the apostles right next to the scriptures and finding stories, parables, and teachings that show exactly what they're talking about. It's been incredible. 

The shirts are also really good!!! They dont even look that big when I get it all tucked in and everything. And the extra space in the neck will NOT be a bad thing at all in about a month!!! Everything's great. Thank you!! Also let me know if you guys get another package yourself :D Hahahaha!  This one has some things for you guys!!!

Okay, this week was a good one! Everything chill, just been working the missionary daily grind :)  But like I've said before, this is a little harder area, so even if I'm not seeing the 'success' I'd like to, I'm sure learning a lot! I feel like the Lord wants me to learn something very specific! One thing I've been learning about is the difference between humility and not knowing  (like in that talk you sent me Mom, The Power of Not Knowing by Liz Wiseman)  It's something I've been thinking about for a while now.


But as I continue to work hard, I've been thinking about a testimony from a great person I like and respect... it was shared a SUPER long time ago, but I totally remember it like it was yesterday!

You remember when Brother Callaway gave his testimony? And when he shared 'Im not wearing socks?' and he told the story about having a choice to make about going home or coming without socks... he said the important thing was that he was there, he was present, at church, and that he was doing it, even if he wasn't the most 'prepared' por asi decirlo (so to speak). 
 
I've carried that testimony with me for quite some time now! It's one of the special ones that stuck and I've always had with me. And here in this area, sometimes I feel like maybe I'm showing up here a little less 'prepared', like maybe I don't have my 'socks on' but I'm trying, I'm working hard, we're giving it all we've got, and we know we're getting blessed for it! The important thing is that we're here, we're present, we're trying, and we're doing it :D

Also, something awesome in one of the Uchtdorf talks that I like :D

God does not need us to love Him. But oh, how we need to love God!  
For what we love determines what we seek.
What we seek determines what we think and do.
What we think and do determines who we are—and who we will become.
It's sweet to think about. God only does things for us because He loves us. He doesn't need to help us, but He wants us to be happy, so He gives us commandments for our good, and our happiness and protection -- out of love for us. :D

But yea, I hope you guys have a great week!!! I love you all, and God loves you all too!
Be good! MAKE it a good week!!! :D

Till next time!!
Nicki :D

(Our neighbors taught us how to make rice balls a while ago... and I'm not gonna lie we make em pretty bomb. We make em ourselves every once in a while. You guys are gonna love em!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment