Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Starting the New Year with Multiple Updates & Photos!!

Dec 18, 2017

Yo Fam!

Well another week in the books... and it's been a good one! Honestly it was a long week, but it was a good week. Even though it felt long, I swear there was not enough time to do everything that I wanted to do! But that's okay :) 

Elder Mamani and I are doing well. We get along super good and we pass the day laughing. But we also work a lot and we've seen a LOT of miracles in our short time together! For example, this week we were knocking on doors and exploring areas to find new people to talk to, and we found a lot of cool people, but the coolest experience was when we knocked on a door and the people inside were super nice and after talking a little bit they told us that they've wanted to talk to us, but they were intimidated to approach us? They told us that they had been praying that we would arrive at their house. :) That was a super sweet moment to be in for me. It happens more than I ever thought would happen here in the mission. There are a lot of miracles to be seen in the mission... Like a LOT!!!

But yea, actually right now I'm in Madera! And it's snowing here!!!! It's awesome. But, the internet is bad. like realllll bad. I can't load fotos soooooo give me until next week okay???? We'll have the SKYPE and I'll see if I can't send you guys some fotos then :)

Everything is really good here :) I'm really happy and we're always busy, in our own area teaching and talking with everyone, animating members, and traveleing to diferent areas! Know that everything is really good :)

I dont have a whole lot to add... Its a short one, and without pics I know Im the worst son ever but they'll come dont worry hahahaha :D

I hope you guys have a good week and a wonderful Christmas... In one short week we'll be seeing each other!!! This has been the longest time we'll have to go without visual contact. I basically have 9 months left and that freaks me out. Time is flying and it'll be 2018 before we know it!!!!

Anyway, just give me a week and everything will be up to date okay?? 
Love you guys!!!!
till next time!!!!
Nick

Dec 24, 2017

SKYPE!!

Christmas Eve we were able to talk to Nick face-to-face!  It was so good to hear his voice and see his smiling face!!  The internet was so poor, we weren't able to have much of a conversation... we just kept connecting and reconnecting.  So Nick was able to try again at a members house later in the evening, and we were able to get in a few minutes more!!  Seeing our missionary was the BEST!!





Dec 26, 2017

Hey!!! I loved being able to talk to you guys :) Yesterday everything was closed for Christmas day, so they gave us permission to send emails today :) I love you guys so much!!!! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, and were able to remember the true meaning of Christmas siempre :)

I love you guys a bunch!!!!!
Nick


Jan 2, 2018

Okay, I'm starting the last year of the mission... Whaaaaaatttttt?!

So this week has been cool, it was rather short, and being in my little pueblo (town), there wasn't a lot of movement here. Almost everything was closed, and for that I wasnt able to write yesterday. I hope you guys got my pics last week! 

This week has been really calm, we got to see the movie Coco, and holy cow I loved that!!! That movie is incredible. One of my faves. Or maybe it's because I haven't seen a real movie in 15 months... who knows! Hahaha! But I really enjoyed it! And I totally want a 'Day of the Dead' inspired guitar like that now. Way cool! :)

This week I also gave a talk. It was about new years resolutions? But yea, basically the point is not to worry if a goal seems out of reach, or if you feel inadequate or insufficient. God has always used, uses, and will use imperfect people in perfect ways. For example Moses, he was one of the greatest Prophets of the Old Testament and when God called him as a prophet to free His people, Moses was concerned.

And Moses said unto the Lordmy Lord, am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but am slow of speechand of slow tongue.  And the Lord said unto him, Who hath made man’s mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not the Lord?  Now therefore go, and will be with thy mouthand teach thee what thou shalt say
And that is just one example of his many concerns. But the idea is that even though Moses wasn't feeling like he could do it, God helped him so that he could. And the same goes for us. If we have a goal, and it's a good goal, if we ask for help, God will help us. I myself have various goals for this year that follows. It's my last year in the mission and I want to be able to have a great one. I want 2018 to be amazing, and I have some goals to help with that! Hahaha, I guess we'll see how I do when I get back in 9 months hahaha. :)

I loved seeing you guys this Christmas! Honestly that was the best. I wasn't expecting to see so many people, but it made me so happy to see all of you guys!! Crazy to think that I'll only see you guys once more on SKYPE before I take off. But, I still have 9 months of work to do here! 

I hope you guys have a great year and a great week. I'm always praying for you guys, and I feel your prayers.

Until next week! 
Love you guys,
Nick


No comments:

Post a Comment