Tuesday, January 30, 2018

No Invitation is Wasted, No Effort is in Vain!

Okay, this week... Wow, it's been a good one!!!!!

Okay first off I'm happy and healthy!!! AND I TOTALLY INDULGED MYSELF... I found a bombilla y mate... soooo I bought one :D because I've been carrying mate with me for like 2 cycles (thanks to an Argentine missionero that gave me it) soooo I didn't take a pic of it but next week for sure :DDDDD I'm happy for that!

But yea, this week has been dope! We had an amazingly cool spiritual experience this week that I absolutely loved. So we're in a wealthier area of Chihuahua so we always ask for references... and finally, one Sister came through!!! She invited us to a noche de hogar (family home evening) and she invited another family! So maestro and I worked on a short little message about the family :)  And Wow, it was so amazing, the feeling of the spirit was so strong that there weren't many dry eyes at the end of the night... So after we shared our message, we asked them if they'd like us to visit them :) they said 'yes, we want you two to visit us in our home!'

And that was it, we went on our way, and them too! And we thought it was a great night and a great experience, but didn't know how great until Sunday came around...

The Hermana that hosted our noche de hogar was asked to share her testimony about missionary work, and she shared the most powerful testimony ever, and something she said really got to me...

She said she's been trying to get this family to hear the missionaries for EIGHT YEARS!!!!!! Eight years!!! And they never accepted her invitation!!! She complimented us, and she said the family basically begged us to visit them this week! She said she was so excited that she could hardly sleep... 

What struck me was the importance of the situation. I didn't realize that 8 years of invitations to meet with missionaries and go to activities were upon us. But what we did realize was the distinct feeling of God´s love for this family... I don't know... it was like being in the final game of the world cup and we had no idea it was the finals until afterwards. And the thing is, we didn't do anything special to earn or win the game, we just played our part in the moment! It was God and the Holy Ghost, this sweet Sister, and so many missionaries before us... I really started to understand that no invitation is wasted and no effort is in vain, and that God has His timing... it was something incredible. I don't know if I could ever describe what I felt while this Sister was sharing her testimony... It was incredible. :)

What else, what else... oh something that I loved from Elder Uchtdorf :)


"When the darkness of night falls, we do not despair and worry that the sun is extinguished. We do not postulate that the sun is not there or is dead. We understand that we are in shadow, that the earth will continue to rotate, and that eventually the rays of the sun will reach us once again. Darkness is not an indication that there is no light. Most often, it simply means we’re not in the right place to receive the light."

If we feel isolated or even abandoned, we needn't worry, because the light of God's love will always come just like a sunrise. :) Sometimes we jsut have to move ourselves a little bit to see it a little better. :)

But yea, that's this week in a nutshell!!!! I hope you guys had an amazing week!!! 
Until next time,
Nicki :D
This is the cutest bulldog ever. He's so sweet oh my gosh, he's like a little kid! Hahahaha


#transformationtuesday Hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment