Monday, January 15, 2018

Getting Back to My Roots!!

Hey!!!

Well, I'm getting back to my roots! I had changes, and have to leave the beautiful town of la Junta, and they sent me to... CHIMEX!!!! I'm still a zone leader and all that jazz, but now I'm ZL of my first Zone in the mission!  So, I'll be able to do Divisions in Cerro Grande!!! That'll be super cool!! There's a lot of people that I love and wanna see!

Although I'm super excited to be here, I'm absolutely heartbroken to have left the Junta, and honestly, now the city just freaks me out a lil... so many cars, street lights, I'll be taking the bus again... Everything's a lot more hectic... Definitely not used to that in la Sierra! But it's a change, and change is good!

My companion is Elder Gonzalez... He was with me in my Zone in Chuviscar forever ago and in my Zone in la Sierra just now! And now we're comps!!! He's absolutely awesome, and I think I've mentioned him before... His nickname is Maestro, or teacher, because the Dude knows EVERYTHING about the scriptures. He's super rad and SOOO FUNNY!!!!

Honestly, I'm grateful for the companions I've had recently!  Elder Mamani was incredible, you guys got to know him a bit, hard working and hilarious. Equally hilarious and hard working, and already my good friend is Maestro, and now he's my companion! Someone up there is looking to help me out here in Chihuahua! :)

But this last week I had with Mamani was awesome! We had a baptism!!!  The son of Leonela!!!!!  (He likes super heroes... so we took a super hero pic too.  Guess which one is his favorite!  Ha!)


But yea this kid is way awesome!! His baptism was a really sweet experience. He really wanted to do the right thing. He's such a good lil kid, o chamako, as they say here :) He'll be a solid young man in the near future.

But yea! Not a whole lot is new here, We had changes, I'm excited, and everything seems to be going good!!!

Also I wanna let you guys in on a lil mission secret. They say the good missionaries wear out their shoes fast because they're always walking to find people, but the great missionaries rip their pants because they're always seated with people, face to face, helping them get closer to God :)

And I think I've already ripped like 4/5 pairs up to this point... So, not to pat myself on the back or anything, but according to the saying, I'm thinking this means I'm pretty a decent missionary :P jajajajaja just kidding! :D

Oh! Also, I totally got a package from Grandma and Cards from Abu and Tia! I think I might've got more but I didn't note everything so I don't have a list with me to give proper shoutouts... But THANK YOU everyone for the cards and good wishes that were sent me!

Okay the sweetest thing happened this week :)

There's the sweetest senior couple in the Junta, and one day we set off to visit the Sandoval family, because they're still new in the church and we wanted to make sure they were good. When we got to the church, the older couple, Hno y Hna Olivas, was already visiting them, and having a Family Home Evening with them, singing hymns and everything!  I don't think I've mentioned the family Olivas, but they're incredible. I have loved eating with them every Wednesday. They are so friendly and optimistic, and they always wanted to help us! Honestly, they gave me such a great example to follow for how me and my future wife can be in our senior years. :) And Hno. Olivas gives the best hugs!!!!! They're really just amazing people and I'm super thankful for the time I had to get to know them. :) #Relationshipgoals


But yea!! I love you guys!! I hope you have an amazing week!!!! I love you guys so much, and remember, always choose to be happy:) I'm happy here. I'm really truly happy here in Chihuahua. Theres no place I'd rather be!!!!

Till next time!!
Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment