Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Wow! What a Week!!

Hey fam!!!

Wow, Okay, WHAT A WEEK!! 

Hey hey... I'll try to make sure I don't forget anything...

First off, my comp and I are doing really well!!! He's really awesome and super funny and yes, now I have photos of us!!!  And well, guess what happened this week???


It snowed!!!!!!!!! Like a lot here in la Sierra!!! The pictures from Madera were crazy!!! It literally started to look like Tahoe!!!  We were with some of our recent converts when snow began to fall, and we went outside for a snowball fight! Haha!! It was way coool!! :D And when we came in to Chihuahua for our Mission Conference this weekend, it even snowed there too!  And that never happens!




I also got the package from Aunt fer!!! Thank you so much!!!!! The jersey is awesome!!! And my comp said I definitely look like I'm Mexican in it!! Hahahaha -- so that makes me SUPER happy! :DDD

We went to Chihuahua this week!!! That was way awesome. Friday we had a leadership conference and it was one of the best we've had in a long time! :) Really, I enjoyed it so much. I felt like we got back to basics. I like simplicity, and I've found that everything goes better when things are simple. 

And then Saturday we had a special meeting with Dallin H. Oaks, the Apostle!!! That was way cool, and my first time meeting an apostle. Everything he said was incredible, but a few things really caught my attention... one, was when we were waiting for him. When he finally arrived, I felt like a wave hit me. The thing was, I didn't see him first, I felt it, then I looked up and saw him and everything made sense. That man definitely had the spirit with him, and it was made clear to me without even seeing him. I literally felt him before I saw him, and that doesn't just happen.

The other thing that was cool was that when I shook his hand he told me 'hola'... He thought I was latino at first. That was neat! hahah :)

But the other thing I really enjoyed was the way that many times he seemed to be speaking to me directly. Something I really liked was that when someone asked him a question, he almost always took a moment to listen, both to the question and to the spirit before answering. It's something that I'm going to reflect in my life, and I'm gonna do it much more often. :)

It was also awesome seeing every missionary in the mission!!! I saw so many familiar faces and that was just fun to live in for a moment. I think in all my time as a missionary I wont again be able to see all the mission together like that. It was something cool:)



Then Sunday, was also really awesome!! All of the areas in the mission didn't have services, and we went to a huge conference center to listen to Elder Valenzuela de los 70 and Elder Oaks. The messages were incredible and direct and on point, so that was great, but it was also so cool seeing SO MANY MEMBERS THAT I KNEW!!!!!  Seeing that I was in the City a full year as a missionary, and that the conference was in the city, I was able to see so many members!!! I saw friends from Cerro Grande, a bunch from Girasoles and Centro, and some from the north of the city too!!! And the best part for me was seeing and talking with so many people that I love so much!! It was an incredible experience honestly.


We heard a lot of good stuff, and received a lot of advice, but something I liked a lot was what Dallin H. Oaks said. He gave us the simple advice of 'just do your best.' It doesn't really matter what happens as much as what we did to make it happen, if that makes sense. If we try our best and see the results we want, perfect. And if we dont, pues ni modo, we gotta try again. I really enjoyed his frankness and simplicity of speech. It made it easy to get to my heart.

Everything is really good here in la Sierra -- it's cold and amazing. I really like the cold. :)

Everything's good, and I hope you guys have a good week!!!! 

Just do your best and everything will be alright :)

Till next time, I love you guys!!!
Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment