Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Sorry I'm Late...

Hey Fam,

Well we were in Chihuahua AGAIN so we were traveling and busy all day yesterday, so, I didn't have time to do just about anything.  But now I can write you guys :D

This week has been crazy awesome!!!!! We had baptisms!!!!!!!!!!!! SO AWESOME!!! THESE PEOPLE ARE AMAZING!!




So that happened!!! It was the first time I had the oportunity to baptize a whole family. It really was the coolest thing. The feeling of love and support there was incredible!

I really loved it, and I love them, and God loves them even more! :) Incredible really.

But that's starting with the end of the week!

The beginning of the week was awesome too! We went to Madera, and we stayed there a day to visit the missionaries there. They're great and I love being in Madera. It's really a cool town. But getting there was fun, we manged to stop by some places in between! There are members in some towns in between so we stopped by to see them. Pictures to come :D
But this week realyl was a good week and I learned something cool!
 
Its Matthew 8...

23 ¶ And when he was entered into ship, his disciples followed him.
24 And, behold, there arose great tempest in the sea, insomuch that the ship was covered with the waves: but he was asleep.
25 And his disciples came to him, and awoke him, saying, Lord, save us: we perish.
26 And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearfulye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was great calm.
The interesting thing is how we apply this story! the first thing the disciples did was follow Jesus. Then, came the tempest, and then Jesus performed a miracle.

I stopped to think for a moment, and I wondered if some disciples thought in the moment, 'why on earth did I ge ton this boat??? If I didnt, I' still be safe on the beach!'

and well, a lot of us have the misconception that upon following Christ, life becomes super easy. It'd be cool if this were the case, but it's not. Many times we follow Christ and then comes a tempest, trials or tribulations or temptations or whatever, and sometimes it causes us to doubt. But, if we stay on the boat, Christ can perform a miracle in our lives. If we jump ship, or never follow Him to start, we'll never see the miracle. And it's always worth seeing the miracle! :)

This was something I liked this week, and I hope you guys have a good week!!! I love you guys a bunch!!! Send me questions, let me know what's new, send me photos, and fill me in!!!!

Till next time, I love you guys!
Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment