Thursday, November 23, 2017

Feeling Grateful!

Hey Fam! 


This week has been pretty awesome! A lot has happened, even since Monday (last PDay)! It was pretty cool, we were in Guerrero, a town close to the Junta, with the missionaries over there playing soccer. While we were playing, a BUNCH of people showed up and we started playing king of the court... and we beat everyone twice 😎 Remember that because it's cool later on...

But yea, this week has been great. We've been visiting these two families a lot - and now we have 4 baptisms planned for this Saturday!!! We're super excited. These people really are special and I think that it'll be a really special Saturday. They're super ready and super excited, and we are too! :D

Also, this week, I officially retired my first pair of shoes! That's always an exciting and sad moment for a missionary Hahaha! They served me super well! :D 


Also something kinda crazy happened the other day... We were in a restaurant and when we stood up to pay two older ladies started trying to talk to my companion in English, so I went back to talk too, and it turns out that they were two members of the church! They went on vacation and were on their way back home. The crazy part, is where home is! One was from St. George, and the other said California. So I asked where and she said Sacramento, And I said me too - and then she said ROCKLIN! And I was like WHAT?! I'm from Newcastle!  What are the odds that I'd meat someone from Rocklin in the middle of nowhere on Chihuahua in the Junta in la Sierra!!!!! It was so crazy!!!!! 

But I didn't catch her name, sooo I can't make any connections 😐 Yea, I know, my bad, but I was excited and we were going to be late for an appiontment... But it was really cool!!!!! On the down low, it was totally hard to speak 100% English - like what the heck?! But it was cool!! :)

So yea, we've also spent a lot of time splitting wood lately for people, and that really makes me feel right at home! Hahahaha! It's pretty cool! And one of the people that we cut wood for has a son, and the son asked us if we were the same 'hermanos' that play football Mondays Hahahaha!! So that's why it's cool! Our fame is spreading throughout la Sierra ;) Ha! but naw, it's cool! :)

Really it's been a blast up here in the Sierra, and I really hope that they keep me here for the next 10 months! Hahahaha! It would be way cool!!! But as for now we'll just take it a day at a time!! Hahaah :)

This is a town call San Juanito, it kinda looks like Auburn, right???

I hope you guys are well, I love you guys a bunch! I am super grateful - for my family, for the gospel of Jesus Christ, for the opportunity to be here in Chihuahua. I have been given so much. I have been personally blessed more then any one person could really ever deserve, I have received a lot of comfort and guidance in my life, and something that I want to do, more so, I have to do - is use all I have been blessed with to bless others, to help others feel the same love and guidance and comfort that I've felt. We all need to be conductors of God's love! :)

I love you!! Have a great week!!!! Be a conductor of God's love!!!
Till next time,
Nick :)

No comments:

Post a Comment