Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Changes!

Hey! 


We had changes! I'm still here in la Junta, but my comp is leaving... And he's going to my hometown Chuviscar! He's gonna be in Centro, one of my favorite areas in the mission. He seemed excited, and I'm sure he'll do well there. 

My new comp is still traveling from Chihuahua, so I don't have pics of him yet. His name is Elder Mamani, and he's from Bolivia. I already know him and he's really cool, so I'm sure we'll get along great. He likes soccer, he's shorter than me, and super funny. He was comps with Elder Templeton and Temps told me they got along great, so I don't think well have any problems. hahaha! :)

But life has been really good here, We've been working a lot with the youth here in athe Junta... They need a lot of help. We thought we were gonna get another companionship here in the Junta, because before us there were three... Now we're just 2, so it gets hard to divide the time between members and our new friends and investigators that we're talking with. :) We've continued to meet a lot of cool people. Not as many as we'd like, but we're meeting a lot of em! It's really cool to be here, and I really like it a lot. 

But time for a spiritual thought... :D

This week I was thinking a lot about how we do things as missionaries, and I was reading the story of David vs Goliath. And a couple things called my attention...

Something that I like a lot is the faith David had. He was so sure that he was going to obtain his goal, but what I really liked his motive... When he explains himself, and his cause, he says that 'This day will the Lord deliver thee into mine hand...  that all the earth may know that there is God in Israel'.

Somthing I really like is that he wasn't worried about getting rich or becoming known, like the other soldiers were - He was simply determined to do the will of God and be His servant.

It's something that I admire and simply try to reflect. Anything that I do I just want to do for the cause of Christ. 

This week has been a good week, and we've seen a lot of progress. I think we're gonna keep seeing miracles here in the Junta, just like David did against Goliath. We're excited, and we should see miracles!

A couple of promised photos from our travels in la Sierra.




I hope you guys have a good week.. 
I love you guys a bunch!!!! 
TIll next time!
Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment