Tuesday, August 29, 2017

The Next Best Week Ever in the Mission!!

Okay, this week was sooooo dope, where do we start?? 

We have to start with my man, Omar, from Girasoles, because this week the guy got baptized!!! He has so much faith and has changed so much!!! I just about cried when I saw him dressed in white! I knew this day would come and I'm just so grateful that I could be here to see it... and with who else but Elder Templeton! Man, that was the coolest darn experience ever.


And that morning, we needed to get something from the missionaries from the area Cerro Grande. The area literally touches my current area so we called them, asked the favor and decided to meet up to get it. So we met up with them on the border, and then all of a sudden a car pulled up and parked next to us, and the familia Campa got out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They were the coolest family in Cerro Grande!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Two of their kids got baptized when I was there!!!!!! and so we caught up, and the youngest one turned 8 this month and he also got baptized!!!!! And then, like it wasn't already awesome enough, they shared that the Mom and Dad got married and the Mom got baptized last Saturday!!! When they told me all this I just about cried!!! I was so excited! They're honestly, just the best people -- I was freaking out I was so happy for them!!

And our friend Hugo that we've been teaching... Well, school and seminario started, and he's been going to both everyday!!!! His baptism is this coming Saturday, and he's thrilled, and a bunch of the youth want to go to his baptism!! It's so cool that the Lord has allowed us to be a part of this. It's way awesome!!

Bueno pues I recently finished the Book of Mormon cover to cover again, and I really learned a lot! And since then, I've been studying the New Testament, and there's a lot of really good stuff in there too! Something that grabs my attention is how much Christ always looked out for the needs of others before his own. For example, in Luke 22, when the soldiers come with Judas to take Jesus, even after he had been suffering so much in the Garden of Gethsemane, and He knew He was about to be taken to die, one of His Disciples tried to defend him and cut the ear off of one of the soldiers. It was in this intense moment, Christ took the time and the effort to restore and heal his ear. It really compels me because it's so easy for us to think about us, and what we're going through in the moment, and not even notice the needs of others. let alone the needs of those who may have bad intentions toward us. So I've been thinking about this a lot, and I came to the conclusion that it would be cool to start to pray for this help, right?  To be able to do as Christ did. Then the thought came to take it even a step further -- and after listening to a class about Service, and how God answers prayers through others yesterday in church, I thought it would be cool to pray for the opportunity to answer a pray of somebody this week. I just thought about yesterday, and so I'll let you guys know how it goes, but I invite you to do the same!! Pray and ask for the opportunity to answer a prayer this week. But the things is, if you do, you have to be looking for the opportunity, whatever it may be.  And you have to be ready to act on the prompting, whatever it may be.  But it would be awesome to try it, no? I'll be giving it a shot this week, and I'll let you guys know how it goes, okay?
Perfect. 

And last thing, today we climbed Cerro Grande too! It was super dope. I snapped a few photos to share... That's pretty much all I have for this week, I love you guys and I hope you have a good week!!!!

Until next time!!!!!
Nick




No comments:

Post a Comment