Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Just Another Day in the Mission Life!

Okayyyyyyy this week!


Bueno, I don't think a lot of crazy stuff happened, other than this one kid we're teaching. I'm just gonna start with that :D

This kid, Hugo, is the son of some menos activos. The missioneries taught his family when he had like 6 or 7 years. Point is, his parents got baptized, but he never did. So, when his dad showed up to church by himself one day, a few weeks back, we were like uh we gotta visit him! get him back to church. So, we went! We knocked on the door, and this kid answered, like 15 years old, and he says 'Woah Elders!!! como estamos????' and we were like uhhh 'who are you?..' SOOOO we got to know him, Hugo, and the kid is incredible. He already knows so much, he has been reading the pamphlets and hymn book all these years of being outside of the church. So we literally just talk a little about what he already knows when we go. Every Sunday he shows up in a suit and he taught himself how to tie a tie and he brings a little side bag and the kid just looks like a missionary.

De hecho, this Sunday, our services start at 9, and we were getting ready, when at like 8:15 en la manana our phone rang, and it was Hugo! He called us and said 'Hey Elders, you ready yet??? should I come by and get you guys??' It was so awesome! It was like a role reversal! ...and then, in the uber to church the driver asked us, 'what our you guys, Jehovah's Witness? and Hugo says, 'No, we're Mormons!' and I was so stoked. This guy wants to go on a mission so bad and I really believe that he'll get out in the field and be the best missionary in a few short years. He will be getting baptized the end of this month.

Also, remember the person in Girasoles that made me a cake? Well his name is Omar, and after so much time of going to church and progressing, He finally told Elder Templeton and his comp that he wants to get baptized!!! I'm so excited for this one. The guy is really awesome and a really good friend. I hope everything plays out good so that he can get baptized this week.

We also had a Zone Conference and Leadership Council, so I have a few of those pictures, not a whole lot else! I am good, my comp is good, the zone is good, and Elder Templeton is awesome!!! I love seeing that kid so often. He's a gift for me out here, Holy Cow! I definitely need him here in Mexico for sure!! Hahaha! He even taught me how to play ping pong like a boss this morning. Bueno, Pues I think that's pretty much all I have for this week!! 

Congrats To the Hamasaki family!! That's honestly amazing that they got sealed!!!! I remember Bro. Hamasaki's baptism like it was yesterday! I wish them the best!!!

Bueno, until the next week fam, I love you guys a bunch, I hope you have a great week!!!!

Stay awesome,
Nick 





No comments:

Post a Comment