Tuesday, September 5, 2017

This Week Was a Good One!!

Hey Fam!

This week was a good one! 

And this coming week should also be a good one!!!! But that's for the next letter ;) 

Let's see where to start...

Monday evening, one of the wards in our Zone had a baptism!! She was one of Elder White's investigators and she decided to get baptized! And she asked me to do the ordinance, and so I did! It was super awesome, and the service was just beautiful :)



Then this week was good, did Divisions with Temps twice because of interviews, and man that's always amazing. The dude is incredible. One of the days we did divisions, we ate with the Patriarch of the Stake (he's in my ward) and during the meal, we were all just talking about spiritual things and experiences and the Patriarch and his wife ended up crying... the Spirit really was amazingly strong.  At the end, when we went to leave, the Patriarch stopped me, shook my hand and hugged me, and said 'Thank you guys for coming. The Spirit was really strong with you two'. And I was kinda lost for words. And it's not just coincidence because in the two days I was with Templeton, everyone was crying!.. Even a uber driver we had -- at the end the ride, he started tell us that he felt good with us and started sharing things from his life and got emotional about it. Elder Templeton is just a great missionary, to be honest. I love being with that kid.

And then Hugo got baptized!!! That was awesome!!!!!! All the youth of the church were in charge of the baptismal service and Hugo's father did the ordinance!!!!!!!! Presidente was there, and he later commented on how awesome the baptism was in his address to the Stake! (during Stake Conference) But yea, Hugo was super happy and his family was happy and they're just really good people. I love being with them. I know Hugo will be an amazing missionary some day.



And the last week I talked about being the answer to someone's prayer, and how we should pray for the opportunity to do so? Well, it was cool! I had a few experiences, but one stood out more than others, just cuz it was so small but so clear. We were cleaning our house and I found a pair of shoes like way hidden away in one of the closets, and they were too big for me, and too small for my comp, and so we took em outside, and a young man passed by, and I felt like 'give them to him' so I stopped him, offered him the shoes and he said 'Ah thank you so much!! I've been praying for new shoes like those!' and just in that moment it hit me like, 'woah' it was a really neat experience, and I know that God answers our prayers :)

Also, I have learned to love Sundays. It has saved me here in this area - just when life is difficult, Sunday comes. It gives us a chance to rest, recover and rethink about what's really important before we start the week again.  So I'm really appreciating Sundays!

And this is Zoe, she's a doll, and is one of the members of our ward.  I love this family!!!  Anyway, she put my jacket on and it totally reminded me of when Jimmy Fallon put Shaq's jacket on.  Hilarious! 



But, that's kinda where I'm at!! This is the last week of this cycle, and everyone says I'll be getting changes. Hahaha! I've been in 4 areas in this Stake and I've been here for 3 Stake Conferences, it's pretty cool, because not every missionary can say something like that!  And I just love these people and feel so at home here.  I kinda hope I stay a little bit more. Maybe I'll get a full year out here! ;)

But that's whats up. I love you and hope you guys have a great week! 
Until next time!!!!!!
Nick


No comments:

Post a Comment