Monday, September 18, 2017

There's No Place I'd Rather Be!

Okay Fam!

Well, I have officialy 1 week in my area, and it's super awesome! My companion, Elder Molina is awesome!  We get along super good, and we teach well together too, and yea, it's just all good stuff! :) I'll be sure to send you guys a comp foto soon!  

But now I live with another copanionship, and I forgot how much cooler that is. I dont know, I really like it. It's a little more exciting and a lot more fun! Hahaha!

Also, this week was Mexico's Independence Day! September 15 & 16. That's something else... I dont know why we celebrate Cinco de Mayo... May 5th is literally a regular day here, but man the night of the 15th is crazy! For that exact reason we had to get in the house at 6 that day!!!! Thats super early, so we ate pizzas and had a little party :D


But the area is super cool, the zone is cool too! We have really good District Leaders. Elder Ramirez is one of em, I was with him in Cerro Grande, in fact, he was my District Leader there! The other one is Elder Alavez, and he's from my generation (entered the field from the MTC with the same group). He's from the Cuidad de Mexico, and he's super cool! Honestly, it's pretty awesome. 

But yea this week has been cool! We're really focusing on finding new people, finding the people that the Lord has prepared.

Something that I've learned this week, or something that stood out to me, was from a couple chapters in Luke! The first is in Luke, Chapter 14. It talks about a master of a house inviting people to a dinner, but a lot of people said no at the last minute, so he told his servants to go find the humble people on the streets to receive his dinner. I found that this really applies to us as people. God has created His 'dinner' o sea, blessings, and we can choose to have them or not. He won't force us to receive them, and we may have to give up a little bit, to receive a lot more! We have to learn to be humble and put our things aside for a little bit so that He can bless us with all that we have. But then we can see something else in Luke Chapter 17.  There was a time when Jesus healed 10 Lepers, and they all asked for help, but only 1 recognized the divine help and gave thanks to God. We, every day have the decision to be what kind of person we want to be. We can choose to be one of the people that didn't go to the dinner of the master, for excuses, and lose blessings, or we can be humble and go and receive more. We can choose to be grateful and give thanks to God, or we can go our way being content because life is good. We have these choices each and every day. We choose who we want to be.  I hope we all want to show up to the dinner, receive the blessings, and be grateful for all of them each and every day.

Bueno pues, que mas. I think that's pretty much it! It's been a good week, I'm excited to see what we will do here in Tech 1. It should be a really good 6 weeks. Can't believe that in this cycle I'm gonna hit a year... I honestly can't believe it. It's been so amazing, the year has passed so fast!!! I love you guys and miss you guys, but there's no place I'd rather be. I hope you guys have a great week, and Ill see you guys next week :D

Till next time, stay amazing,
Nick 

No comments:

Post a Comment