Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Special Changes!!

Hola Familia!!

We had special changes!!! After 9 weeks with Elder Chan, he left for Cuautehmoc, and now I'm with Elder Zaragoza, or 'el Jefe', como lo llama ('the Boss', as I call him). He's super awesome and a really good missionary.  We get along really good too, so I'm excited to see what will happen here!


Okay, so something crazy in the mission is that we are losing a lot, like a LOT, of leaders, including the Assistants to the President in these next two cycles, or 9 weeks. So we have a lot of young District Leaders and a few of us young Zone Leaders, and a lot of times it's really daunting. But it goes like that in life too, when we get a calling that's not easy, or that kind of thing. Basically something that makes us scared or makes us feel unprepared or unworthy or really anything like that, and I was looking for help in the aspect. And I thought and found a couple cool things,

1.) God doesn't always call the qualified, He always qualifies the called,

2.) I was thinking about some of the best leaders in the Book of Mormon, and almost always we think of Capitan Moroni. And so I decided to study a little more about him, and found a lot of incredible things, but the thing that really surprised me more than anything else was that when he was put in charge of all the armies, he was 25. He was 25 years old and completely in charge of an entire army. I have to imagine that even though he was an amazing man with amazing faith, he was a little worried. But he put all his faith in God, and always sought His help and guidance in his calling. And in the end, the scriptures tell us he'll be remembered as this:

Yea, verily, verily I say unto you, if all men had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto Moroni, behold, the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever; yea, the devil would never have power over the hearts of the children of men.  

That's pretty cool right? And that could be like us if we stay faithful and humble in our callings. 

Someone else that really inspired me was Mormon. He was 16 when he was put in charge of an army... and that's just nuts to me. 

Mormon 2:2 Therefore it came to pass that in my sixteenth year I did go forth at the head of an army of the Nephites, against the Laminates (in Spanish it's clearer and literally says when I had 16 years of age I left).

And well, he was a stud -- so really we don't have too much to worry about right? We can do it !!!!!! 

But yea, other than that I don't have a whole lot to report back. :D 
Till next time!

With love, 
Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment