Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Una Semana Mas! (One More Week)!!

Hola!

Okay, the time has come! We've received word that we leave the CCM Monday morning, 3:00 a.m. to go to Chihuahua! This time next week I will be on the streets cada dia (every day) trying to reach out to people!

I'm so stoked!!!!



Okay so this week has been a lot of studying, reading, teaching, learning, and speaking Spanish.

First off, I've got to send a shout out to my not-a-Fardos-but-still-my-family, the Davis Clan, for sending me the pictures and the conference quotes!!! Oh my gosh, I was soooo happy to get that!!  And I was totally wearing the corbata (tie) you guys gave me when I got the letter!!

Rod, Ruth & Brad Davis with me!

So, Okay, what I've learned this week.

Prayer.

I feel like I can leave it at that, but I won't. Something that hit me this week was how much I have depended on prayer and the Lord's help with everything. And I mean everything. There's no way I could be out here without it. Every time I go to study language, read scriptures, wake up, go to bed, need assistance in following the example of Christ... honestly, prayer has been essential.  And teaching about prayer is one of my favorite things to practice here at the CCM. We can see in the book of Alma how essential it is for the sons of Mosiah in Alma 17 for them to pray to have the Spirit of God with them. I hope you guys can feel my prayers for you because I do pray for you everyday. :)

The next thing I've learned is about the Book of Mormon.  I think my thoughts can be summed up in a general conference quote. 

'I am unaware of anyone who is diligently reading the Book of Mormon each day with pure intent and with faith in Christ, who has lost their testimony and fallen away' 
-K. Brett Nattress (Thanks Momma Ruth!! :)) 

But I'd like to add on that and say that I don't know of anyone who's reading the Book of Mormon with pure intent and faith in Christ and isn't able to feel of Christ's love for them, and isn't able to feel a confirmation of the Spirit through sincere prayer that this book is true. It's promised that those who study and pray with a pure heart will be touched by the Spirit. This is certain, and many apostles have testified of that. I'm so grateful for this promise and for the many blessings that come from receiving a testimony the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Oh, and on another note, and completely off topic, I got a haircut today!! I actually like it because it takes all of 5 seconds to do my hair!! Ha!



AND ALSO I LEARNED HOW TO SOLVE A RUBICKS CUBE!!

1.) Elder White, my companion, was sick one day so Elder Templeton, the cube master, wrote me instructions so I could practice how to solve it!

2.) Our teacher said he taught the restoration with a Rubicks cube so I'll definitely be working on this in the field, once I go buy one. :)


But yea, life is good here and I'm taking everything a day at a time and just trying my best to stay humble, obedient, learn and serve every day. I know that I can't do anything without God, Christ, and the Holy Ghost. 

I love you guys, and I'll talk to you guys soon, from Chihuahua!
Till next time, 
Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment