Wednesday, November 9, 2016

The Holy Ghost is Always the Senior Companion - No Matter What!!

Hola Familia!

Okay, so this week has been short, since I wrote Friday, but a lot has happened. Oh, and before I get started, I totally see Elder Josh Jones and Elder Robert McIntosh on the regular, so that's kinda crazy cool! :)

So, to start, we had fast Sunday here at the CCM!! And Wow, that was awesome. Our zone had a fast and testimony meeting, and the Spirit there was palpable!  That was absolutely amazing, and everyone in our District all shared their testimonies and all of them were in mostly Spanish!!! I'm super proud of the missionaries in our District, and how awesome all of them are. You guys would all love them, I can tell you that for certain.

And, OKAY, Monday, let me tell you I had the best Monday I've ever had in a long time!!! But it was for some interesting reasons.  First, there's another soccer player here I've been telling Dad about.. Elder Josse. We are always talking BPL standings and we play court soccer all the time and we kill it. Anyway, Monday, he went to play soccer with some guys from the District, and I was feeling too lazy to go. So, I played volleyball with the rest of our District... anyway, after about twenty minutes, he and the others guys come back early from soccer, and he was holding an Ice Pack on his mouth. Long story short, he snapped his two front teeth in half, and looked like a hockey player after the gloves came off! Anyway, Me and Elder White were asked to bless him, and so we did, and he came back from the hospital that day with his two front teeth looking like brand new. I know we may not have done much, but the Spirit was super strong and we blessed him with comfort and he handled the whole thing really well. I'm super proud of that guy!
 
But, while he was at the hospital, a sister in our Zone (that totally reminds me of Lauren because of her bubbly personality) who came to the mission with some back problems asked for a blessing because her back was acting up. When we prayed as a group beforehand she wasn't even able to kneel due to the pain in her back, which I totally understood.  So we prayed, and I gave the blessing, and again the Holy Ghost was so present the entire time, and once we were done everyone could feel it and was crying.  When we finished, we asked to close with prayer, and this sister knelt, and said she felt awesome, and that was the moment I completely lost it!  And her back hasn't hurt since. It really testified to me that our Church is unique because we have the same, exact, spiritual power that Christ held and gave his apostles and used to help and heal others.  The priesthood is so real and so strong and I have such a testimony of it.

The lessons this week have also been amazing. Our 'progressing investigators' have agreed to baptism and everytime we teach the Holy Ghost is present and always directs the lesson. One thing I've learned this week is that in every situation on the mission, in every companionship, no matter what, the Holy Ghost has to be the senior companion because He's the one that actually does the teachning. We really don't do too much, other than show up and bring people the opportunity to hear about the gospel... the same gospel that Christ organized on the Earth. 

Also today we went to the temple and I had a question in mind and I was able to find the answer throughout the session.  I love attending the temple and being able to be in the Lord's house and feel His love for all of us.

Also, I almost cried today because Elder Templeton's Mom sent me a little email letter, and that just really meant a lot.  Sister Templeton, If you ever read this, thank you so much!  I can't wait to be able to meet you and thank you personally for having such an awesome son!!

Well, I'm about out of time. I love you all so very much. As does our Father in Heaven, He knows all of us personally, and has a plan for each and every one of us.

My teacher said something that really stuck out to me this week... 

'There are no such things as strangers on your mission... only brothers and sisters.'

D&C 100:4-6

Therefore, I, the Lord, have suffered you to come unto this place; for thus it was expedient in me for the salvation of souls.Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be confounded before men; For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say.

I love you guys,
Until next week,
Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment