Monday, November 21, 2016

I'm in Chihuahua!!

Well, 

I don't know if this is a blog worthy update, but I wanted to let you know - I'm in Chihuahua!

Today we woke up at 2 AM and left for the airport.  After that excruciating long experience, we finally got to the field at about 10:00 AM, ate desayuno (breakfast) with the President and such, and then we headed out.

I'm in the the most ghetto part of town and the house I'm living in is pretty rough to say the least! Hahaha, pictures to come next week!

Anyway, things are really good here! My new compañero (companion) is Elder Lopéz, y (and) he's a Mexicano and doesn't know any English, so I think it's safe to say that I'll have my Spanish improving quickly!  Now that I'm out here I really want to go out and try to teach people. I understand that it'll take time to adjust and everything but I'm really excited and super anxious to get out there and work. 

Although, now that I'm out here, I'm also realizing how much I'm going to have to depend on prayer and the Spirit. I want to make sure I'm being as good as possible so I'm worthy to receive revelation and touch the hearts of people that the Lord has prepared.  I don't know how anything is gonna shape up in Chihuahua ahora, especially because I've been out in the field for a whopping 4 hours. Ha!  I'll be sure to let you know how everything goes this week, as I come to learn more on the subject of being out here en el campo (the field).

I have a lot of mixing emotions right now, but I know that no matter what I have to cling to my faith, prayers, and charity that God and Christ have for me, and for the love I pray I'll have for the people.

I just want you guys to know that I love you guys a bunch, and I hope you're all well. I'll have more stories to share next week, and Ill bring my camera so I promise there will be plenty of pictures.

Thanks for all the love and support, you guys mean the world to me and are the reason I'm out here right now.

Till next week, I love you guys a bunch,
Nick

An email from the Mission Office:

Good evening from the Mission Mexico Chihuahua!

We would like to thank you for allowing your son to come here and experience being a full-time missionary for the Lord, Jesus Christ.

We are very excited to have him here. Your son is very happy to be here and is excited for what miracles lie ahead of him.

We are sending you this email to let you all know that your son made it here safely and is now in his new area safe and sound with his new trainer.

Thank you once again for the sacrifice that you are making,

Elder Greenwood
Secretario Ejecutivo
Misión México Chihuahua


The incoming Missionaries in the Mexico Chihuahua Mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment