Monday, September 17, 2018

730 Days, 24 Months, 17 Cycles, 14 Companions, 10 Areas, 2 Years, and My One Life - Changed Forever!

Well Fam,

What a rideeeeeeeee.


Lets see, I'm 20, I have crazy tan lines that'll take days to fix, I haven't worn normal clothes for 2 years, and I'm absolutely and completely happy, and absolutely and completely convinced that these 2 years have been so much more than I could have ever hoped for. Really it has been a time of such big spiritual growth. Ive learned so much, seen so much, and have felt so much as well. 

The mission has really left me marked, and I never will be quite the same as I ever was before. I'm very much still me, I still have the same old sense of humor that I had before (still love your jokes Mom so, don't worry I'll still laugh), I still love the guitar, I still love soccer, but at the same time I am so very different.

Like the caterpillar from a Bugs Life!!!! I'm still me but now (insert Dad's voice here) 'I'm a BEAUTIFUL BUTTERFLY' (try to read that and not think about Dad saying it - Hahahahahahahaha) 

What I'm trying to get at is that really the mission has left an imprint on my soul that I'll never be able to remove. I will never be able to deny the reality of the Atonement of Christ, of His sacrifice for us. I will never be able to deny the power of change, that people really can change, but that change isn't becoming something we're not, rather fulfilling all that we should become. I will never be able to deny the divinity of Christ, of our Father in Heaven, and the church that they have established here on the earth, even the restored church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know that they have revealed many things, and will yet reveal many things. I will never be able to deny the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon and the teachings that are found within its pages. I will never be able to deny that our family, Mom, Dad, Lauren, Nat and I, will be together forever.

And honestly, nothing could make me happier in this life than knowing these things. 

It's hard for me to think about what I ever could have done to be found deserving of all these blessings - To simply belong to our family, to belong to this church, and, for one week more, belong to this mission.

I cant wait to see you guys in a week. I love you all, and in a week I'll tell you all about the stories I have, and I'll show you all pictures of the last baptism Elder Stewart and I will have this Saturday :)

Hasta pronto familia,
For one last time,
Elder Fardos

No comments:

Post a Comment