Monday, May 1, 2017

Mistaken for a Latino and Muchas Mas Miracles in Mexico!!

Hola Familia!

Well, as we entered the ciber we encountered an old man speaking pretty rough English on the phone with a lady that obviously couldn't speak Spanish, and the man was asking for help with a certain webpage. The cool thing is that I offered to help and I was able to translate the information so that the man and the lady could understand each other! It was pretty cool if I do say so myself! :)

I can't believe it's already May!! Pretty crazy to think I'm almost 19!!! I'm super excited to finally not be so crazy young, Haha! But, yea it'll be good :) I'm looking forward to this full year away from home!!! It's so weird to think that you guys won't see me in person at all while I'm 19... but, Hey it's all good!!!! And yea Mom, you mentioned Elder Beeson, He's super cool!! I hope that I'll be seeing more of him in these final weeks of his mission, and after the mission too. :) 

So, this week was super good! Still full of miracles! For example, we finished a lesson with a less active family, because we are teaching their kid, and as we were walking back in the main road, we were talking about how it would be great to have a member family that could possible visit them with us, and literally as we were talking and walking, a car pulled up.  It was a member family from our ward, they offered us a ride and we agreed, super happily, and they asked us how it was going... We told them that we just finished talking with this family, and it turns out that the Moms are super good friends, and the dad of the member family was the home teacher of this other family!! They were super excited to hear we were chatting with this family, and were super happy to agree to visit them with us one night!

And then another night, we were out of money and wondering what we were going to eat... so we were talking and I said a silent prayer and then we found a family in our barrio selling tamales. They called us over and so kindly gave us some to take home and eat. It has become pretty obvious to me that God is looking out for us in a huge way!

Also, this week we totally ate milanesa and it wasn't the same as Abu's, but, wow, it reminded me of eating at home -- so good!!!  It was awesome!

Also, I experienced something rather interesting this week, and I don't know what even happened, but something definitely changed. I felt the sincere desire to be obedient out of love. Like instead of it being an effort or a struggle to be super obedient, I started to just be obedient because I genuinely want to have the Spirit with me so that the people we're talking to can feel it. It's like my perspective changed, even thought the actions of obedience have stayed the same, and thus far, it's been making such a difference in the mission life!

And Dad, I got mistaken for a latino like at least 15 times this week!! One man that was speaking English even asked if I understood what he was saying... and upon saying 'yes', complimented my English and he asked where I studied it!! Hahaha!! It was pretty awesome!

And Mom, I understand you've connected with Hermano Luis Sandoval!  He is like the coolest, happiest dude I've ever met in my life! Haha!  He and his wife are getting sealed May 27th and they have a little girl that is 3 and she's the sweetest, I mean literally, she never sad! They're so stinking nice!  We have been spending time with them on Sunday afternoons. They're honestly amazing people!


But yea, every this is going super well out here in Girasoles, and I'm looking forward to spending some more time here! We only have one more week in this cycle, so fingers crossed, I hope I'm gonna be sticking around here a while longer.

Thanks for everything!!! Until next week, I love you guys a BUNCHHHH!!
Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment