Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Felicidades Elder Fardos!!

Family!

Well, it finally happened, I'm officially 19 and no longer super crazy young in the mission!! Hahahaha! It's super weird to think about, because I still feel so young you know? But having my birthday this week was awesome and actually, a family that I was teaching in Girasoles invited me to their house so that we could celebrate a little bit! It was super awesome to see them again, and eat a cake on my birthday!


But yea, everything is really good out here in Chihuahua.  Although, there were a few crazy things happened!  To start, today, as we were walking to the Ciber, it started to rain, and I mean rain like a lot a lot... flooding the streets with like hail and everything! That was a super nice little gift! Hahaha!  And also yesterday I got super sick after church, so I spent the afternoon in the fetal position.. that was fun!  But today I feel really good so that's a good thing!


But seriously, this was a good week!  The Zone is doing well, and we're about to finish up the month of May -- it's almost June!  I can't believe that we're gonna be halfway through the year of 2017 ALREADY!! Because I definitely remember passing Christmas here in Chihuahua and it feels like just a minute ago. I dont know, time is flying and it's just super crazy!

This week we talked about how there are times in life that we recieve like a lot of challenges, like a bunch a bunch, and it doesnt seem to make sense because we're doing everything right.  And so I was doing some studying and it made me think of the refiners fire.

If you know how people make swords, you take a piece of metal and you heat it like crazy and then you hammer it and then cool it and then heat it, rinse and repeat - a LOT! And maybe sometimes we feel like the piece of metal.  Like we were all happy beforehand just being normal like that, and then we start getting heated up and beat up and we get confused as to why that would be happening. But it's because we dont have the same vision that the maker has. We aren't able to see the end goal of being a super awesome sword or a stronger piece of steel. And that's how it is with us and God sometimes. We feel like we'd be better off just being a piece of metal and we don't want the challenges even thought the challenges are the things that are gonna shape us into something so much more!

I just think that's a cool thing and I like it a lot!

But yea, everything is going really good here in Chihuahua.  I hope that things are awesome over there in the states!

Till next time! Have a good week, I love you guys!
Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment