Monday, April 24, 2017

Not Everything That Counts Can Be Counted, And Not Everything That Can Be Counted Counts

Fam!!

This week was pretty awesome! To start, we had divisions and training with Elder Beeson and, well, it was super awesome to work with him and get to know him better. A lot of the leaders in the mission are senior missionaries who will be going home in the next few changes.  So it's cool to get a little seat time and training with such good missionaries.

We continued to see miracles this week.  One of the best parts about the mission is the frequency and recognition of miracles -- it's super cool to be honest!

For instance, one if our investigators we encouraged to pray about the church and the gospel message and everything, and we promised if he would do it, he would receive an answer.  And HE DID!!  His answer was the coolest thing in the world! He literally had a dream that not only answered his prayer but taught him things we hadn't even shared yet! :O  It's way cool to be a part of the conversion of people like him -- and moments like these really strengthen my testimony of this gospel! :) It's something super special.

AND SPEAKING OF MIRACLES this was the best, but you'll have to stay with me for a minute to get to it... Okay, so I also had splits with Elder Josse this week, (the same Elder Josse from my group at the CCM and the one that I lived with for my first cycle in Cerro Grande II). We ended up going on splits and well, we were in downtown Chihuahua, and we needed to take the bus to get back to our area in Girasoles.  So, Chihuahua is kind of set up like a big horseshoe... And inside the U of the horseshoe is a mountain called Cerro Grande -- and you can't cross it, you have to go around it. Girasoles is in one arm of the horseshoe, and my old area Cerro Grande was in the other.  So, we get on the bus... but didn't realize that we boarded the bus one road too soon, so instead of going toward Girasoles, we started heading in another direction.  We decided to wait to see if it would turn around or something, and pretty soon the roads started looking REALLY familiar.  We were back in Cerro Grande!!  Both of us, on the one day we were together on splits, we were both back where we were born (the area we started our mission)!  And so we road a little further, and eventually we were the only ones on the bus and the driver told us they were gonna stop to fix something.  So the bus stopped and we got off and right there we just so happen to find Elder Ramirez and Rodas, sitting in the shade!!  You know, the two missionaries I lived with for my last cycle in Cerro Grande!!!  So we had a little reunion and talked a bit, and Elder Ramirez and Rodas said they'd call us a taxi, but before they did, we realized we were standing just one street away from Adrian, the last baptism I had in Cerro Grande, and the first contact that Elder Josse had in Cerro Grande!!  So, we dropped in to visit him and he was home!! Usually he would be in classes during that time, so we were all super excited and it was an awesome experience!!  And all of us almost cried!!  And, well, Josse took a picture and I already sent him a reminder to email it to me, so maybe I'll have it to share next week!! :) But seriously, the sheer number of miracles that lined up so that could happen were REDICULOUSSSSSSSSSS! Moral of the story, God loves us, and works in really strange way sometimes to give us a better experience than we could imagine -- even though it seemed like it could be a reallyyyy questionable experience at the start!!



Oh, and then if that weren't cool enough, the taxi that picked us up just happened to remember me from ONE time I rode in his taxi when I was serving in Cerro Grande!!  And so we talked a bunch and the trip that normally costs 130 pesos, more or less, cost us 80 and let us reconnect with old friends and make a new one! God is perfect and He never makes mistakes!!  ;)

So, yea, definitely, this week has been awesome. We've been out here really working hard, and we've seen so many blessings, so many miracles here in Mexico. And I'm so grateful for it! :)

One final thought... we went to eat with a super awesome member and he had an awesome quote on his fridge in English :)



'Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.'

Sometimes it's nice to just be reminded that. :)

__________

And now a sweet excerpt from Nick's personal email update to his father:

Each month we make covers for our agendas... 



This is what I will use this next cycle! :) I found these words in a Liahona:   


"I wouldn't be the man I am today if it was not for the righteous influence of my older sister"

Originally, I wanted to find 'if it was not for my family' or something, but the bottom line is - it's always been Lauren that has showed us how to be better, she's really helped our family, no? Yes!
__________

I am grateful for each one of you! :) 
I love you very much!
Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment