Monday, April 17, 2017

No Trouble, But Getting Into a Little Hot Water!! Haha!!

Wow this week was awesommeeee yet again!! Haha! 

Well, to start, we had two baptisms as a District! One from our area and another from the Hermanas!! It was super awesome! :) But the first baptism, that of the Hermanas, was a little bit crazy, and a rather unique experience... We started to fill the font at like 11:00 because the baptism was scheduled at 4:00 Saturday afternoon.  So, it takes a while to fill and we wanted to be sure the font was full and the water was as comfortable a temperature as possible -- so we put it on hot and we left it (because the water never gets like hot hot if you know what I mean, usually barely warm at best). But yea, we went to eat and we came back and it was almost full, but seriously SUPER HOT -- like cook a human being HOT!! So we were with the Zone Leaders, and they we were a little worried about what we should do, and we suggested (almost joking) throwing in ice, but the Zone Leaders went with it!! We put together all our money, and bought 100 KILOS of ice (more than 200 lbs)!! I can honestly tell you I never thought that I'd ever have to throw ice into a baptismal font in the mission.. it was honestly one of the funniest, but high pressure moments ever! Hahaha!! But hermana Olga was baptized and she loved it and everything was super awesome! :) And then, Sunday afternoon we baptized Miguel Angel, the son of a recent convert! I did the ordinance, and it was super cool! :) He was so excited to get baptized and afterwards everyone asked him how he felt and all he could say was 'felize'! :) It was super adorable!! Hahaha! 


Also this week we went to Central as a Zone and we put on the Easter video of the church and we went around talking to people and passing out cards... It was a really cool experience and we met so many cool people!!  People from literally all over the world! Hahaha. It was super awesome. 

I learned a lot this week, again! But the one thing I learned that stuck out most to me was finally an example of what I've been trying to explain to myself for the past 6months! It has to do with answers to prayers. Something I've learned is that God always answers our prayers, but sometimes we need to humble ourselves to receive or rather perceive the answer. For example, when we pray, we often have requests right?... Like, we can plead 'Heavenly Father, I'm thirsty, please help me out here'... and we ask, expecting, or thinking,  about lets say a bottle of coke. And because we have an idea of how our prayer can be answered or how we'd like it to be answered, we can become preoccupied.  In this case by the thought of coke, and we can miss the glass of water that was sitting in front of us.

We need to make sure that we are humble enough, and willing enough, to receive His answer, what ever it is, and be grateful for the answers God gives us.  Because He always gives us answers, if that makes sense.

And also, worth mentioning,  Elder Marx and I are awesome. We realize that we each have strengths and gifts, and we've learned to trust each other with like 100 percent and so we have been working really really well. I think that we're gonna be seeing a lot of success here in these upcoming weeks! :) I'm super excited to be here and working with this District and my companion. We be killing it!! :)

Well until next week! Stay awesome, stay wonderful, I loveyou guys a bunchhhhh!! :) 
Nick


1 comment:

  1. I love reading Elder Fardos' emails! I especially enjoyed this week's tale of the baptism. It reminded me of England except it was the exact opposite. The hot water went out so we were boiling water on the stove and dumping it into the font.

    ReplyDelete