Monday, January 9, 2017

Hola Familia!!

Hey Familia!

Well this week was awesome! New companion, new roommates, and a lot more Spanish living with three latinos now!! Well yea, some cool things happened this week and like always, I'm learning a lot! :)

Sooooo to start, heads up, this part is not awesome...  We totally saw a dog die, it was hit by two cars. That was horrible!  So sad, I wish I could unsee that!!

Okay back to this week. Well, to start this week, Elder Jimenez y yo (and I) worked a lottttttt! Like a lot a lot.  And we saw the fruits of our labors with a baptismal date with one of our investigators!! That was so great and boy, that feeling when they say 'yes' to be baptized... it's so good, really like nothing else!

Elder Jimenez es de el DF, la ciudad de mexico (is from Mexico City), y he has 23 months in the mission, and he is the bomb! 

I forgot my camera today because we played soccer, with Temps (Elder Templeton) again!! Love that guy!  He had 12 assists and I had 12 goals!  Final score 12 Gringos, 8 Latinos!  :)  Jimenez sent me a pic of us so I'll send it later!

So, the week was great, but we also had a lot of rejection - like we'd approach a house, knock, and hear 'shhhhhhh' and they wouldn't answer the door after we heard them. It's like Okayyyy thanks! Haha! But we're doing our part so its all good. :)

I learned a lot this week, honestly, and once again I don't know where to start.  I learned more about the fact that God answers our prayers.

But above all this week I learned a lot about gratitude.

Simply because I have a lot to be thankful for, ya know? I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but my favorite hymn right now is 'tu me has dado muchas bendiciones Dios' (Because I Have Been Given Much) and honestly, it's just a hymn that I like to sing because it's how I feel just about every moment. I don't know, I doubt I'll ever be able to explain exactly how it is to be here.

     Because I Have Been Given Much

     Because I have been given much
     I too must give
     Because of thy great bounty Lord
     Each day I live
     I shall divide my gifts from thee
     With every brother that see
     Who has the need of help from me

     Because I have been sheltered, fed
     By thy good care
     I cannot see another’s lack and I not share
     My glowing fire, my loaf of bread,
     my roof's safe shelter overhead
     That he too may be comforted

     Because I have been blessed by
     thy great love dear Lord
     I’ll share thy love again
     According to thy word
     I shall give love to those in need
     I’ll show that love by word and deed
     Thus shall my thanks be thanks in deed

Something else I am grateful for this week is the fact that all around the world, our church is the same. It's the reason we can send missionaries anywhere in the world and have them teach exactly the same things wherever they go. This isn't a thing just any church can do.

Another thing I really appreciate is that here in Mexico, people are still people, and everyone, I mean everyone, came from or has a family.  Interesting huh, how despite culture, circumstance, money, power, cars and possessions and all that, all around the world there are a few things that are almost always the same. The Church, and the Family being two that stand out to me, two that are so real and so important.

Yea, I don't know, I'm just grateful this week I guess. And yea, I still have stories, because every day is an adenture, but right now I can't think of any of them!  Haha!  I only feel gratitude.

I'm sure I'll have more to tell another day, maybe next week or something! Hahaha! :)

Well, this one's a little short, but know that all is good in Mexico, and I'm loving it here! :)

Until next week family!! I love you all a bunch and I hope all is well.

Till next time,
Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment