Monday, February 13, 2017

Momma!!! I Killed My Comp!!

Momma!!! I killed my comp!


When you're on a mission, the time you spend has a 'life', you are born when you arrive in the field, your trainer is your father, his trainer is your grandfather, and when you finish your mission - you die!  So, my trainer (father), Elder Jimenez, finished his mission this week... so, as his last companion, I sent him home (or 'killed' him)!  But, Hey, don't worry, I got pictures!  Ha!  We had a photoshoot last night.  So, I have plenty of pictures with Jimenez y Arellano, antes ellos se fueron (before they left).  I'm gonna try to send all of them with this update, but if there aren't many, it's because the ciber here is uber slow.



So yea, we totally had changes!  My comp goes home Tuesday, so now he's with the Assistants -- and my new compa is named Elder Sanchez!  He's 23, and has 20 months in the mission, and we're super excited to work hard, staying here in Cerro Grande!  He's also from el DF (Mexico City) which means I've always lived with somebody from the ciudad (capitol) of Mexico.  Also, we had a lot of changes in the zone (zone), but Templeton is still here, and his new compa has the same amount of time as Temps!!  Two youngins fighting it out in Aldana!

This week we had lessons with a little sister of a less active, and she assisted the church!!  She has a good desire to be baptized and follow Christ and so I'm really excited to continue working with her.  She really is mature for her 13 years and asks really good questions.  For example, we were teaching about baptism and she thought the same thing I did when I was her age!!  'Why should I get baptized now if I'm gonna sin later?' and, legit, it's a valid question, no?  It's one that I thought about a lot when I was a kid!  But we continued to explain the process of repentance and the sacrament and it was really awesome to see the Holy Ghost work and touch her heart. I'm really excited to work with her and see her faith grow.  The truth is that this is a work of joy! :)

This week, we also visited a lot of the converts of Jimenez this week, and I think I have a few photos of them, so ill try to add them too!


This week, overall, was amazing.  Just another week in paradise!  Sorry Mom, I know I have like 4 months in and I should be homesick, but, I really don't wanna go home! Hahahaha!  This really feels like my home out here, despite the Trump comments and all of that!  Hahahaha!

Something else I recognized this week, or re-recognized, I guess, is Gods timing in everything. Not only with the people we help, but our friends too :)  For example, Elder Arellano and Elder Jimenez.  They both left Cerro Grande and I'm gonna miss them so much!  But, because of both of them, I'm a different and better person, and they both taught me so much!!  Legit, when I get back, they're gonna come for a visit and hang out with us or something.  Arellano speaks perfect English and I think you guys will love him! Hahahaha!

Well, I'm sorry this week isn't super insightful or anything like that. I promise I learn things each and every day, and every day I'm improving just a little bit out here in Chihuahua - thanks to the help of Jesus Christ. There are miracles all around us, and I hope you guys see them every day. :) In fact, my homework for you guys this week is the song 'Because I have been given much'.  It's even better, in Spanish. The words and messages in this song are absolutely amazing, and it's impossible to not feel the Spirit while listening to this song. 

I love you guys muchisimo, y I hope that everything is super good with you guys, and I hope you guys know I love you, pray for you, and think of you always! :)

Until next week!!!
Nick

PS  Arellano and I were freaking tight -- Three months together, what could you expect?! hahaha  I'm gonna miss that kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment