Tuesday, October 31, 2017

New Area in La Sierra!!

Well Mom, to answer your question about what you should include in the Christmas box, I'm good!! Well, maybe some warm gloves, because I had changes!!! Haha!

Remember when I said I wanted to go to the Sierra? Well I'm here!!!! And honestly I feel like I could almost be in Newcastle. I'm in a place called la Junta, and it's awesome!!! I feel so much lighter por asi decirlo not being surrounded by so much concrete! I didn't realize how much I missed trees and open space.  So yea, now I'm in the Sierra of Chihuahua, and I'm super stoked. That's actually why I'm writing late, because I had to take 2 buses to get out here. I'm super stoked. SUPER STOKED!! After a year of being in the city, I'm out! :D My new comp, his name is Elder Sanchez, and he's pretty awesome. We're gonna have a good cycle out here :) Everything should be great!!!


But just to catch up on this week, it was a really great week in Technologico, my companion and I have worked A LOT and this week we were able to invite 2 families to church! They really enjoyed it and I have lots of hopes for them. They're just really awesome people! :)

One of these families, they are a family of 5, we were walking down the street and I saw this guy sitting outside and as we approached we saluded him, and as we passed I had the feeling that we should give him a folleto (I forget how you say that in English) but I already gave all of mine out, so I turned and asked my compa 'Tiene folletos?' and literally as I asked him he had already started opening his backpack and we both turned at the same time and started walking back.  The guy said he wanted to learn more about God! :)

ALSO last week there was a baptism, of a mom, Claudia, and her son, Armando, and they are SOOOOO AMAZING!  They really are the best people ever and I love them so much! :) They just are incredible, they look for the best in every situation and everything in life and they just stick to the good stuff.  And since this baptism was scheduled at the same time I hit a year in the mission, instead of burning a shirt, I gave Armando one!! (It's the one he's wearing for his baptism) :)


We were also visiting a panaderia (bread shop), and we met the owner, and he told us 'that we're pretty cool' and that 'we're friends' and that 'he's gonna see what he can learn from us'.  Basically he said he noticed something different in us -- and that was a cool experience. I always like moments like that :) And the pan gratis was a nice bonus!!  Ha! :D

I hope you guys have a good week, and let me know how everything is! What is the temperature like? It's way cooler here in la Sierra than in the city, so I'm excited about that. Next week I'll be sure to send some fotos :)

But that's kinda it for now, so I hope you guys have a good one!!! 
Till next time,
Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment