Monday, March 27, 2017

Cambios - It's a Change to Chuviscar!!

Hey!!! 

Well, first off, THANK YOU so much for the packages!!  I got everything - the backpack, the tie, (which is super awesome) and all the food, toys, supplies and Easter baskets!  And let me tell you that I won't need another single thing until next year!!  Haha!!  But, no worries Mom, if I find that I do need something, I'll let you know! Ha!! But really, no stress on anythinggggg!  Hahahaha!! And Thank You for Everything!

So, well, it finally happened... cambiosssssssss!!!

And something crazyyyyyyyyyyy... I'm going to be a District Leader O.O!!  Woah, Whaaaaaattt?!

So, yea, I'm going to be a DL in Chuviscar, and my companion is Elder Marx. He's a super nice guy, he has the same amount of time in the mission as me, but he was in another District in the CCM. He's pretty cool!

Our District is super tiny though, only us and a companionship of hermanas, and they're super chill too.  But, big or small, I'm excited for this opportunity to serve others and the Lord and I really hope that I can do all the He expects me to do.  I think this will be a good six weeks here, and as of right now I hope I stay for more. I'm still in the process of learning everything, and well I'm really relying on the help of the Lord yet again. But I know everything will be good!

I don't know if I mentioned enough detail about the baptism from last week. I'm going to miss that family, the familia Campa!  They were menos activos for 22 years - 22 YEARS!!  And por chance we contacted them, and from that moment on they were absolutely amazing!  I gave them all CTR rings and Future Missionary badges at their baptism and they always wear them and it's honestly awesome!!  I really think that they're gonna literally be future missionaries. They definitely have touched me and changed me a lot... The oportunity to be a part of their lives like this is honestly unforgettable. Every time we approached their house the kids ran out yelling 'Elders!!!!'  I love those kids!  And man, how amazing it was to be a part of their family for this time.

Changes came Sunday night, slash this morning (Monday) -- and SATURDAY, the DAY before changes, I BAPTIZED ADRIANNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!  Adrian is a young adult that we started to teach in NOVEMBER.  Almost every week he went to church and he accepted everything, but he always wanted to wait until he was really ready. Using personal experiences, I was able to help him get there and well, Saturday I baptized him!!  What an experience that was!... After so much preparation on his part, and ours -- Honestly so much preparation together, it was unreal. When I lifted him out of the water he was crying and we hugged in the water for like ten seconds, then left to go dry off and then hugged and cried some more. This guy is legendary, and boy, I have stories with him. I'll definitely tell you guys more about him later.  He's amazing, just a really special dude and I'm definitely gonna visit him after the mission --  maybe during the mission if I have the chance! 


Ohhhhhhhhhh I almost forgot to tell you - We totally went to Dennys and it was so good!!!! It totally reminded me of what we used to do, when we would hit up Dennys at night with the friends. Honestly, a crazy fun experience!

Also we went to have lunch with a member... and when we arrived he said he made carnitas with meat from a chicken and a pig, and there was a big pot on the stove. He asked us to help seperate the meat, like tear it up and shred it, and I thought 'no problem' that's totally normal, but when we stuck in the fork in the pot, we pulled up the HEAD OF A PIG!!  WITH TEETH, TONGUE, EYES AND EVERYTHING AND WE SLICED EVERYTHING UP AND WE ATE IT!!  Wow! It was by far the hardest thing I've ever had to eat in my life, but we did it!  When we were preparing it, I actually pulled a tooth and I'm saving it for who knows what! :) 


Saying goodbye to some of my best friends in the barrio Dani y Luis, they are sons of the Bishop, and of course, Adrian.


So right now everything is good. I'm nervous, excited, willing, and have faith that this will be good. I'm praying for it too! :) 

And well, I don't have too much more to throw out here, but just know that I'm way excited and yea, :) everything's good!!

I love you all!
Till next time,
Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment