Monday, December 12, 2016

Hola!

Well, we hit 2 months in the mission!! Only 22 more to go!

So yea, I have 2 months in, but I still tell people I only have a few weeks here in Chihuahua because the whole Spanish thing...  but the Spanish is getting better day by dia, and the comprehension keeps getting better tambien (too)!  One thing that's interesting to note is the dreaming -- most, if not everything, is in Spanish!  And apparently I talk in my sleep all the time now... and I guess that's all sorts of Spanglish.  Ha!

Well, this week was a really good one :)  It tends to be that way here in Chihuahua.  Our District played paintballl and that was wayyyy fun!!  I don't have pictures of it, but I should have some getting sent to me, so I'll send them next week, I pinky promise!!

Also this week, Oh my goodness, we were eating at a members house, right?... and Elder Lopez tells me to eat this baby pepper, I kid you not it's smaller than my pinky finger nail. I knew it was going to be hot, that's the reason Lopez told me to eat it.  But WOW!  I was not prepared for the onslaught of fire my tongue was about to receive from that little-baby-stinking-pepper!!   Tears, lots of tears! :P

But anyway :)  this week was full of heartbreak, suspense, and achievement. Basically this week was a rollercoaster of emotions and I could easily write a book about it all.

To start:
We have a couple progressing investigadores, one of which is a 17 year girl, with the baby, I think I've mentioned her last email.  She told us last week that she prayed about what she's reading and learning and felt "really good, it was indescribable"!  So naturally, we're super stoked to teach her again this week right??  She told us she'd come to church, and it seemed like her baptism was around the corner... Then when we saw her this week, she tells us she's moving!   Bummer.  But on the bright side she wants to keep learning and I'm like 90% sure that she's moving into Elder Templeton's area so I know she'll be in good hands! :)

THEN our other family that's doing well, the 23 year old couple with two ardorable 3 and 1 year old daughters, told us that they'd come to church this Sunday.  So, Sunday comes and Lopez y yo (and I) were super stoked!! All week long we were praying that they'd be able to make it and everyhting would be good.  Then comes Sunday...  And Sacrament Meeting started, and they weren't there.  Needless to say I was super bummed. I was praying basically the whole time during the Sacrament, hoping that they would show up... every time the door would open I'd glance over and check who it was... And then the last speaker started to talk and they still weren't there...

BUT THEN THEY SHOWED UP AND I WAS SO HAPPY!! :D

Like, honestly, that was one of the best feelings I've had yet Oh my goodness.  They stayed for all the rest of hours too, and I think they enjoyed it! (At least that's what they told us, and we'll be talking to them this week! :)

I guess this week I've learned a lot of different things, just like every other week, and every other day. :) The thing is, a lot of these learnings are small, and accumilate to bigger things as the days add up... so, I hope that I can share some of the little things that I've learned in manner that will make sense.

First of all, I keep learning about the power of prayer out here. It really is communication with our Heavenly Father and He really does answer every single prayer.  There's no other real way to describe it.  I'm constantly blown away at the love that I feel when I see a prayer become answered.  I'm also blown away by the prayers of others. Thank you for praying for me, because when you guys pray for me, I really do feel it.  It's the reason us missionaries out here can run and not be weary, as the scriptures tell us.  I really have come to have a testimony of prayer.

Another thing I continue to develop is my testimony of the Book of Mormon.  I recently finished it again, and man, it blows me away each time.  It was especially nice this time through because I really started to study and understand it, and I'd invite everyone an anyone to do the same.

And finally, I read the book "Our Search for Happiness" and oh my gosh that book is A1. Honestly, it made me so ecited for the rest of my mission and for the rest of my life!  I really don't think I could ever describe the excitement I have for these next 22 months, and for my future years as a member and trying my best to live the gospel principles.  Something that has blown me away is how true it is - as we come closer to Christ, and try to be more like him, we will lose the desire to do evil.  That is something I've already felt in my short 2 months out here, and it's something I hope to continue to develop, even though it is something I definitely already have a testimony of.  I don't know if I could describe this either, but the better you try to become, the easier it will be.
 
Hope that made any sense.

I love you all, I'm so grateful for all of you, and I hope you guys can feel the love God and Jesus Christ have for you :)

Until next week,
Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment